Fall is a great time to take care of the little things that can make a big difference to the value of your home. Here is a basic checklist of the essential tasks that will ensure you are prepared for the winter months:
- Clean gutters.
- Inspect your roof.
- Seal gaps and cracks around windows and doors.
- Repair damaged driveway and steps.
- Prune your plants.
- Store hoses and turn off outdoor water.
- Clean or replace dirty furnace filters.
- Have a professional inspect your heating system.
- Look up chimney for blockages, check if damper is working.
It is always a good idea to perform these preventative maintenance tasks, especially if you are thinking of selling in the Spring. Hopefully you can get through this list before the weather gets even cooler.