Knowing the Northumberland Real Estate Market and Protecting Your Real Estate Interests
2017 should not be a year to forget. Canada celebrated 150 years as a nation and the Toronto Maple Leafs are restoring dignity to their fans. The US inaugurated their 45th President, Donald Trump and need we say more? North Korea has been flexing its’ military muscle for the world to see and the #metoo movement has exposed an ugly side of human behavior that should never be tolerated. It seems like it was the year of hurricanes and one of the unnamed hurricanes was the Northumberland real estate market - a violent 3 month storm of buyers producing high-velocity, high priced offers that devastated everything we knew to be true in our local market.
When the market frenzy began to subside in May of 2017, many people were left picking up the pieces and dealing with buyers walking away from deals that they were sorry they signed and new homeowners were left to psychologically and financially deal with living in a home that might not be maintaining the value that they invested just days and weeks earlier. The market didn’t completely draw to a close - pockets of the stormy market could be occasionally seen throughout the remainder of the year.
On January 17, 2018 the Bank of Canada raised its key interest rate by a quarter point to 1.25%, the third time it has moved its benchmark rate since July 2017; these 3 rate increases ended 7 years of maintaining a rate of 0.50%. Combine this with the January 1, 2018 implementation of new mortgage qualification regulations, and we may be seeing key factors that could influence the 2018 real estate market in a stable and balanced direction.
There’s always something going on in Northumberland County; whether you want to stay indoors or enjoy all that outdoor activities offer. Those of us who live here know of the comfort and advantages that are compliments of having a home in Cobourg, Port Hope and all the townships, towns, villages and hamlets within Northumberland County. And the secret is getting out as we can see, by more and more people choosing to buy real estate and relocate here. Whether you’re looking for the best real estate values for your hard earned dollars, searching for a safe place to raise a family, yearning for wide open spaces or just wanting to get away from the busyness of the big city while still living close enough for a quick visit back, there’s something for everyone in Northumberland County.
Northumberland real estate offers options for first-time home buyers right through to those who are in their retirement years; we have an amazing and diverse community.
If you have a real estate move in your future, contact me and let's start planning for your success in today's real estate market. I use trend setting technology, leading edge marketing and haven't forgotten the value of good old fashion service.
Real Estate Service Features for My Real Estate Clients
- A comprehensive yet easy to understand Market Analysis that makes sense - with the available supporting documents.
- Your listing will always be placed on the Toronto Real Estate Board as well as the Northumberland Hills Association of Realtors Board, since I'm a full member of both boards.
- A complimentary home staging consultation will enable you to have your home looking it's very best - a $395 value.
- Both Sellers and Buyers can save with my complimentary home pre-inspection program - a $445 value.
- Movesnap - a complimentary electronic and person to person conceirge service for my clients placing all relocation notifications in one handy place - such as utility providers, moving companies and even change of address for driver's license and much more. Movesnap will notify you of tasks that should be completed as the closing date approaches.
- HomeBinder - a complimentary electronic management sytem for your home - $36/year value.
- Drone aerial photography.
- Professional photography and virtual tour with interactive features from an architectural photographer.
- High-end feature sheets for prospective Buyers to take with them - helping to set your home apart from competing homes.
- Floor plans - supplying buyers with the information they need to make an informed decision.
- Strategic print media marketing.
- Leading internet marketing – realtor.ca, royallepage.ca, discoverroyallepage.com, dalebryant.ca, northumberlandrealestate.ca, icx.ca and more.